Monday, March 7, 2011

Take Me Out to the Ballgame

We have a baseball book at our house. 
Actually, we have a lot of baseball books at our house,
but one book in particular,
Baseball on the Brain -
paints an accurate picture 
of the excitement of the arrival of spring
in our family.
Family...as in
everyone!

We all get giddy.

Sure, having a personal interest
(you might even say investment for some of us)
in a certain 6'3, right-handed pitcher
makes it even more appealing!

Anticipating the familiar sights and sounds
at the ball stadium
are almost more than we can take!

The better-half and I have already started
eating an alarming number of hot dogs
and peanuts. 
We hear organ music in our sleep.
We call each other "Babe."
I have to be honest though.
I can't hold a candle to 
my better-half's 
love of the
game.

He and his youngest
live, eat, breathe...
baseball.

When Drew was little,
his dad would ask him -
"You want me to read you a book before you go to bed....
or
would you rather watch a little baseball?"
 Mmm hmmm...

Baseball...
gotta love it.
(I guess If I didn't love it,
someone around here might yell
at me...
"You're out!":)














 Please...
take me out to the ballgame - 
I can't wait much longer!

3 comments:

  1. You know, baseball is one sport that I do enjoy!
    Perhaps we should have a HHM's gathering at the ball field!

    ReplyDelete
  2. That would be SO fun, MJ! Let's do it!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Ready for a little baseball myself ladies. Games picked for the Padre's season. Actually get to see the Rangers play them a couple of times. What I would give to another trip to Texas to see them play. Will have to settle with a road to Anaheim I guess.

    ReplyDelete