Monday, March 14, 2011

Dinner Themes - Even Baseball

I love to have people over for dinner.
I love themes.
I love parties.
So why not put them all together.

I want to have a dinner to celebrate
my son's return to pitching after a year
out for surgery and then rehab.

He has kept his mind on his goal...
  to come back stronger than ever,
and I believe he will.
Anyways, hope you'll try to excuse my
peacock feathers spreading out.
I am proud of him, regardless of 
what the outcome would have been.
This is during his first game
back  -
He was SO ready!




Baseball theme
(I grabbed some items from the office-books, glove/balls,
statue, star off the wall, hat from closet, canvas from gift closet,
 & patriotic place mats.)

I found that blue canvas with the saying at TJMaxx...made 
me think of him.   He was SO blue when he found
out that he would need Tommy John surgery, and 
have to miss a whole year of baseball.






I decided to play around with some  other table decor themes
for spring and summer.
I have already shown you a few ideas in a previous post,
but here are a few more to add.

It's really fun and simple.  
Look around the house and find some similar-themed
items and just have fun with it
until you get an end product you like.
The ideas are endless.


Beach/Coastal theme
(Items taken from bathroom, guest room, 
closet, etc.)

Thank you Jennie, for giving me the ball of shells.





Spring/Birdhouses



No comments:

Post a Comment