Monday, March 28, 2011

Sweet Dreams

Man, don't you just hate it when you're having the sweetest dream
and you just want it to go on forever,
and you kind of maybe even know it's a dream, 
but you won't let yourself be talked out of the moment
and then....
the alarm clock goes off and ruins everything.
That was my morning.
Started off so wonderful...
a dream of the past, 
but one that I could still see as clear in my mind as yesterday.
I could see that dimpled grin
and hear that little high-pitched voice.

Then I had to go and wake up.

Funny how your mind and heart never let you 
forget all the little details of your precious memories.

I thought about that dream all day.
I found the picture that's been on my mind -
that age, those little baby teeth, that sweet face
that I could so plainly touch and feel early this morning.
My better half said it perfectly 
when I told him about it-
"Lucky...that's the best kind of dream there is."

No comments:

Post a Comment