Tuesday, March 8, 2011

OK, Seriously?

Since I've been on the subject of baseball,
(did I mention my better-half loves baseball almost more than life?)
I thought I'd let you see what it's like being married
to a guy
who knows about everything there is to know about
baseball nostalgia.

So...you can only imagine how he felt, last summer, the minute 
we finally arrived at a place he'd always dreamed of visiting...
the Baseball Hall of Fame
in Cooperstown, NY.

As we were taking pictures before entering the museum,
(well, actually it was me taking pictures, as usual)
he mentioned that he was getting jelly legs
just thinking about it all.
I was almost getting jelly legs because I knew
he was getting jelly legs from the 
anticipation.

We went inside, and paid, and became Hall of Fame members,
(one of the main perks he had looked forward to)
and then soon parted ways.  It's not a gigantic place, mind you.
I knew he would take a lot longer than I could even possibly fathom,
so I was already prepared.  
I even suggested making a two-day visit out of it, knowing
he would enjoy a second or third go-round.

So after wondering around for about half an hour,
I decided to go find him and see if he had managed 
to keep it under control.
To no surprise at all, I found him still in the first room of the tour.
I found a little bench and sat down,
and watched him, without him knowing I was there.
Just happened to have camera in hand.
Here's how it went down.
(Try to imagine a good 20-30 minutes passing by, and keep in mind 
he still had a WHOLE museum to go through....many rooms,
in the museum...to go through!!!)

OK...he's checking it all out.


Aww, he's really enjoying this. (smile)

Good, he's rounded the corner.  Everyone else has come and gone.


 More people have come and gone.


OK, seriously?

Zzzzz.....Yep, different people coming and going.


For the love of Pete, don't go back!!!!!


Ha ha..This is where I said, "Bye Honey!  Have fun, take as long as you want,
I'm going to explore the town". 

©2011tbowenblog 

2 comments:

  1. HAHA! Thats awesome!!!!!! Girlie...that is really sweet how much he loves baseball and how much he is interested in it.

    Funny post. Love it :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I feel your pain, girl! My hubby can do the same thing but the only difference is, he does it at EVERY museum, display, sound board, lighting board, printed material about any subject, photos of someone else looking at the display, my aging process while he is looking at stuff, the children growing and grandkids coming along while he's looking at stuff, etc.
    sigh
    I LOVE him!

    ReplyDelete