Tuesday, March 15, 2011

Do You Like My New Toothbrush?

My last post got me thinking about color.

Wouldn't our world be boring without it?
I am so thankful that the Lord painted it
with brilliant hues, 
beautiful pastels,
and classic black and whites.
Just like our skin colors.
I love to have my children at school put our hands all into a circle 
and admire the beautiful differences.
It would be so hum drum if we all looked the same.

I'm a very visual person
so
I notice color variations.
They excite me.
My better-half...not so much.
 (That didn't come out right.
I mean, they don't excite him.
Not that he doesn't excite me.)

We have an ongoing disagreement about blues and greens.
What I think is more green (or aqua as I like to call it)-
he thinks is more blue
(or turquoise as I like to call it.)
To him, it's just blue or green.

He asks my help in deciding what goes with 
brown pants and shoes, 
and what goes with black pants and shoes.

He doesn't get very excited when I tell him I found something
for the house that is just the
perfect color of robin-egg blue.

I don't even need to tell you if he notices the 
change in my hair color.
OK, it may be a slight change,
but it's a change.

Once,  we almost won "The Newlywed Game"
we were playing with a large group of people.
Almost.
There was a prize.
Unfortunately,
he thought the color of my toothbrush was pink.
It was not anything of the sort.
It was salmon.
We lost.

I went and bought a new toothbrush.
It was chartreuse.

No comments:

Post a Comment