Thursday, March 3, 2011

Do Girls Like to Wrestle?

So...
I don't want ya'll to think I don't like baby girls....
with all the ramblin' on I do about boys 
and how much I love 'em, and everything.
(Why am I talkin' like a cowboy?)

Ahem,
We had a baby shower at work today for a sweet little baby girl.
She sure was cute.  And so little.
I don't ever remember my boys
being that little.
I think they came out ready to
crowd to the front of the line for the 
All-You-Can-Eat
Buffet!

And her clothes...., they were adorable!! 
Pinks are my favorite colors
and that's 
pretty much a no-no for baby boys...
until they get a little older, anyway.
Then it's cool to be a guy who wears pink.

That didn't stop me from secretly dressing Drew up as a girl once. 
 I even have a picture to prove it! 
(Note to self - find that picture.)
I'd appreciate you not running and tattling on me though.
Baseball jocks probably don't see the 
cuteness of it.

I don't think I ever put Matt through that.
He was a firstborn, after all.
There were standards to be set.
And met.
But he does complain that I dressed him like a little
Prince William, 
which personally, I don't see as a problem.
I don't think Buster Brown shoes
or little knee socks for Easter 
were a bad thing.
( MUST find those pictures.)

If I do have a granddaughter some day,
I hope she is ready for her Papa Mike.
She sure better like to wrestle.
At our house, the boys, all three of them,
liked to wrestle in their underwear.
I don't think that tradition can continue with a girl.
Which, come to think of it, could really get Papa Mike in trouble.
So never mind.

I'm pretty positive that she will have lots of pink clothes.
 And shiny things...
and purses.

And hopefully, a pink sparkly wrestling suit. 
With a matching purse.

And if it's decided that only Grandsons
are in our future,
well, this Grammy will be thrilled and ready.

I'm the proud owner of "The Boy's Book
of Survival."
And I'm not afraid to use it!






No comments:

Post a Comment