Saturday, March 12, 2011

Fact vs. Opinion



Fact:  Diet is a four-letter word.
Opinion:  Food is also a four-letter word.  I like food.

Fact:  I am the firstborn of three daughters.
Opinion:  It really messed me up.

Fact:  I drive a Toyota Camry.
Opinion:  I pretend like it's a convertible Camaro.

Fact:  My day at school begins at 7:25 a.m.
Opinion:  In my head, it begins at 10 a.m.

Fact:  I have 34 first cousins.
Opinion:  My Grandmas loved me best.

Fact:  Baptist doctrine does not include alcoholic beverages.
Opinion:  Margaritas taste really good.

Fact:  I am smarter than a fourth grader.
Opinion:  My kinders think I'm a genius.

Fact:   I have been married almost 35 years.
Opinion:   I have been happily married for 32 years.
(OK, that was for you, Honey.  That's your classic old joke that I never 
thought was very funny.)

Fact:  Listening to classical music can improve test scores.
Opinion:  Listening to  70's classics could produce a school full of geniuses.

Fact:  I have arthritis, a bone spur on my heel, insomnia, ringing in my ear, etc.
Opinion:  You're only as old as you feel.  Whatever. 

Fact:  I am a teacher, wife, mother, daughter, sister, friend, pianist, writer, skier,etc.
Opinion:  I am WOMAN.  Why don't I feel invincible?

Fact:  Diet Mountain Dew has zero calories.
Opinion:  Diet Mountain Dew has magic powers.

Fact:  My real hair color was dark brown.
Opinion:  My real hair color is dark brown.

Fact:  This blog post has a beginning and an end.
Opinion:  I could keep going, but I need to stop.  And load the dishwasher.




©2011tbowenblog