Thursday, May 19, 2011

Old Age Isn't For Sissies

Have you ever gone to a school reunion
and been convinced
that you looked WAY younger 
than most everyone else?
Don't shake your head...I know you have.

Do you ever wonder why the older you get, 
the more it hurts to lay in bed for a long time.
That stinks really, you finally get a chance to sleep in late,
and you have to get out of bed so you can rest better.
Whazzup with that?

Have you ever found yourself trying to think of a reason
 why a certain body part hurts, 
but you realize there is now no longer
an excuse needed...
your just getting older?

Would you find it odd that you are drawn to the 
electric shopping carts at the store,
and have to slap yourself out of jumping
onto one and faking an injury,
to get out of walking, after a long day?
Yeah, that would be so immature.

Have you become close friends with your sticky note pad
and often feel frantic to discover
that you've forgotten where you put the note
to remind you to not forget something?

Why is it that as fate has it, some of us
need wrinkle cream AND acne cream.
That's just not right.

Have you ever laughed at someone else's remark
about having hairs show up in places they don't belong,
then secretly locked yourself in the bathroom to
proceed with close-up, mirror-in-hand inspection?
Me neither.

Would you believe me if I told
you I like where I am in my life right now.
That although I'm getting older,
 I'm much wiser and carefree, 
and there's a lot to be said 
for experience.

Well, you'll just have to trust me on that one.
I don't mind being older,
'cause I still feel like in my mind,
I'm thirty-something.
It's just that my #@*% body won't play along!


©2011tbowenblog

No comments:

Post a Comment