Sunday, May 8, 2011

I Want my Aunt Cindy!

In honor of my sister on this Mother's Day,
Aunt Cindy or Dee Dee as often called-
is proof that an aunt can be a mother, too.

I know she has worried about her niece and nephews 
as much (and possibly even more)
than her sisters have, 
loved them as her own,
spoiled them unapologetically,
been as proud of them,
showed them the right path,
shared her two cents worth with them,
prayed for them,
kissed and hugged on them,
and 
cherished them in her heart.

They could never ask for a better aunt.
I love you Sissy!
Thank you for helping me raise my boys
to be young men WE can be proud of.

 With Shelby, Aidan, and Thomas

 With nephews Drew and Matt

One of her foster children.

 "Aunt:  A cherished friend and personal cheerleader
who will always see you through rose-colored glasses." - Unknown
"I not only call you aunt, I call you friend." - Unknown
"There are angels walking on this earth disguised as aunts." - Unknown