Thursday, April 21, 2011

Who's the Baby Now?

I had the pleasure of having dinner with my oldest nephew this evening.
He's in town on spring break, visiting his dad and grandparents.
I love that boy.




He's recently turned 16 - hard to believe.
I remember driving like mad to Houston 
the day he was born.
My sister, Cindy, and I were so afraid we wouldn't 
make it in time.
He was a cutie!  And so sweet.  He still is.
He has a big heart - 
that's just one of the reasons I love him so.


He use to call me Aunt Baby...
and my sister Aunt Dee Dee.
He also use to make me cry when I had to say goodbye 
leaving Houston, heading back home to Tulsa.
He would latch onto my leg and not let go...
I would call him on the phone and tell him again how much I missed him. 

He was the only one that would let me hold him and rock him.

He still likes to be held...


I love that he sometimes still runs to give me a hug when we see each other.
He is very witty too.
Now that he's older, I appreciate his sense of humor even more.
This, however, is not funny.

Did I say how smart he is? 
 Don't tell him I said so..don't want him to get the big head!
He doesn't wear his underwear(Pull-ups) on his head anymore.
Or at least that I'm aware of.
 

I am looking forward to this summer
so I can spend some more time with him.
I'm thinking when he leaves on Sunday I'm going to
be sure and be there,
so I can throw myself prostrate on the floor and 
grab onto his leg and cry and not let go!
Love you, Tomcat!
~Aunt Baby~

No comments:

Post a Comment