Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sisters...

February 4, 2011


Sisters...
wouldn't trade them for anything in the world.
In fact, I can't imagine my life
without my sisters!
There is no one (well, except for God, of course)
who knows me better,
sees me for what and who I really am,
and
loves me anyway...
than my sisters.

Who else can you fight with, play with, compete with,
laugh until your belly hurts with,
cry with, shop with, 
cook with, eat with,
talk with, share with,
and love with,
more than sisters? 

They're there to pick you up,
to be brutally honest when you need it,
to make you crazy
sometimes,
to remind you of how much you're turning into your mother,
to make you snort out loud in 
hysterical laughter,  
(even when you're watching one of the saddest scenes ever at the theater,)
to put you in your place,
to allow you to take a longed-for step back in time,
to let you be a big (or little) sissy again...
 
 To my sweet and slightly unpredictable
sisters...

here's to many more
treasured memories-
from childhood to adult and into our golden years!
No doubt, my youngest sister
is thinking to herself...
"Um, you're golden years are going to be
WAY
before my golden years!"

What do you love about your sister? 
 


 


  
  

1 comment:

  1. I love this. You are so great at writing. I'm glad you made a blog!!

    ReplyDelete