Thursday, February 3, 2011

Sentimental Fool....

                                                    My baby dress and Brownie beanie.



I'm a sentimental fool...
I can't help it- 
always have been,
always will be.

I love being surrounded by 
people and things
that are special to me...
the warm fuzzies of life,
like my favorite pair 
of flannel pajamas.

warm fuzzies noun pl:  feelings of happiness, contentment, or sentimentality
frills noun pl:  something decorative or useful and desirable but not essential

That's not to say I don't like the frills in life...
or maybe a little bling
that adds some pizzazz and razzmatazz - 
those red patent-leather shoes
or a rhinestone pin.
a get-away trip to NYC with the love of my life.
These things aren't necessities,
I could be happy without them..
but
they do make life interesting.
But if I had to choose...
I'd much rather have the hand-written cards,
the game around the kitchen table 
with friends,
a big bowl of stove-popped corn,
 curled up on the couch 
with my guy
and a great movie! 

So there you have it.
I bet you have some treasures too...
photographs,
handed-down recipes,
trinkets and pretties...
your very own
Flannel and frills.




 

2 comments:

  1. I can't wait to follow your blog. You have such wonderful thoughts and such a terrific way of expressing those thoughts.

    ReplyDelete
  2. I love who you are, Tammy. I love how you think and how you write. You're a very special person. I look forward to reading more from your blog. I hope to see you sometime in the near future.

    ReplyDelete