Friday, May 18, 2012

Jerry Maguire Was Right

I didn't know I'd fall so hard,
that day I first walked in.
I met you with a nervousness
and saw your little grins.

You felt the butterflies, like me, 
but bravely took a seat.
It wasn't long before we found 
good ways to meet and greet.

I hadn't been in kindergarten
for 23 long years.
I wondered if we'd be OK,
would there be any tears?

We sang some songs, I read a lot -
Great ways to break the ice.
We ate a snack and played outside,
(this might be very nice.)

As hours passed by, we realized
 that all was going well.
We might just make it through day one,
with good reports to tell.

To think I worried, will it work?
Do I still have the stuff?
Can I make a difference, am I too old,
will it be enough?

But in you came, and welcomed me,
whether I was ready or not.
You grabbed me with your little hands
and tugged right at my heart.

So, here's the thing I want to say
In case you didn't know.
The first day back in school that day -
You had me at hello!


Congratulations to my 
sweet 2011-12 kindergarten graduates.
Thanks for teaching me so much this year.
 I will miss you and always remember
my first year back in kindergarten!
Love,
Mrs. Bowen
©2012tbowenblog





No comments:

Post a Comment