Tuesday, October 11, 2011

Wish You Could Have Been There!

I told the story of The Three Bears to my class today.
It's an oldie, but goody.

I was inspired by a friend at work who told a story
in the auditorium yesterday to about 275 four and five year-olds.
She didn't miss a beat...
and they loved it! 

I forget how much fun it is to act like a kid sometimes.
Making up a Papa Bear, Mama Bear and Baby Bear voice...
hadn't done that in a while.
Throw in a little improv for laughs and giggles and you've 
got yourself a winning tale.

How do you know?  Not a sound in the crowd while you're talking,
falling on the floor in giggles,
every eye on you,
and applause, of course.

I wish everyone had some five year old friends to offer
such warm affirmations.
I bet some of you are tired of hearing about my new five year old friends.
(I told you when I started that I knew there was some good blog material
coming down the pike!)
That's cool.
Or that's too hot.
Or that's just right.
Sorry...
I digress.

Anyways,
I liked my ending. 
I surprised even myself.
Baby Bear took on a more modern lingo...
and a little bit of an attitude.
Sure, he did some crying, 
some whining,
but in the end,
he was, like,....
"Um, HELLO!
Um, there is like someone in my BED,
and like she is totally NOT supposed to be there,
and like, she has yellow hair,
and like,
she BROKE my chair and ate my porridge,
and like,
NOW she's using my favorite squishy pillow.
Um...WHATEVER!

I even crack myself up sometimes.

No comments:

Post a Comment