Saturday, June 18, 2011

To My Dad

Tomorrow is Father's Day.
I am so glad I'll be able to spend it with my dad.
He's pretty special to me.
I love being his daughter,
and him being my dad.
We have a lot of things in common.

We have the same-shaped hands and feet.

We are both firstborns.

We both like to please.

We both love being with our family-
immediate and extended.
(Remember, I have 34 first cousins!)

We both have selective perfectionist tendencies.
(you can check out what that means on
my  "That's Why Pencils Have Erasers" blog.)

We both hate to throw things away.
There might be a use for it somewhere down the line.

We are both night owls.

We love weather changes.

We both like bluegrass music.

We are both strong, like an ox.
So was my grandma.

We don't give up when something doesn't work right
or we don't have a piece.
There's always a way to makeshift.

We both like to be on the water.

We are both thrifty and frugal.

We both like road trips.

We both like to read magazines more than books.

We both hate to make a quick decision.

We don't accept change easily.

Our idea of a good time is staying up late talking
to family and laughing together.

We both are olive-toned
and tan easily.

We both have unusually hot hands and feet.

We both like to go barefoot.

There are so many more, but
Dad, I just want to say I am so proud to
be like you in so many ways.
You are such a good man 
and I've been so lucky to 
have you as my daddy.

Happy Father's Day
I love you
xoxo
Tam



No comments:

Post a Comment