Wednesday, November 16, 2011

Giddy's a Funny Word

I use to be one of those people.
The ones that hate celebrating Christmas
before Thanksgiving even arrives.
 
Thanksgiving is probably my favorite holiday.
I mean, I have 32 first cousins.
It's always been about family gathering,
celebrating, giving thanks,
and 
it also brings in the Christmas season.

As I'm writing and 
listening to a little James Taylor Christmas,
I can't help but be excited for the coming weeks.
They pass so quickly
and are over before you can
barely blink.

I heard Christmas music playing in a classroom at school today.
I practiced our Christmas musical at church choir tonight.
And now I'm ready for Christmas.
Even though Thanksgiving's not quite here yet.

Such a Reason for the season...
so much to be thankful for.
I'm a little giddy.



No comments: